Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Resolution

As a busy mom I'm quickly finding it's easy to get overbooked.  I'm still teaching Stroller Strides and have recently added Body Back to my repertoire.  At Sean's school I've been volunteering and have taken on room mother responsibilities as well.  At church we're currently looking for a new pastor and I've been selected to participate on the Call Committee- a long and important process for sure.   We've also recently had a huge garage sale and of course our nearly-yearly Halloween Party. 

My reason for telling you this is not to complain or more ridiculously...brag,  I am simply saying..WHEW!  Bryan and I are astonished at how busy our family is getting.....but more alarmingly- our kids are only 18mos and 5 years old!  What do you do when you've got kids in sports and after school activities??!!  

Well, one thing for sure we said we'd do is make our time focused on quality.  We'd like to get as much quantity as well, but we will desperately attempt to make the time count.  We also refuse to schedule Sean and Marlee in a list of activities.  My mom made me choose between Brownies and dance class when I was in first grade.  While I'm sure I would have starred in a Broadway Play by now had she let me do both, I am sure her thinking was right on.  Especially now that I'm a mother myself.  More is not necessarily better. 

That being said, when time is tight- this blog is one of the first things that is sacrificed.  I find it easy peasy to updated Facebook instead.  But for whom?  I want my kids to be able to read about their childhood and suddenly it occurred to me that Facebook might not be the best place to find out about their first poo or intimate family moments. 

I am re-arranging my priorities and will be updating this blog much more frequently than "once a year" which seems to be my last time break.  I'm not updating it for you or for me, but for my kids and their kids to come.  I love looking back at the funny stories I've captured.  I'm not worried about writing like a journalist or like those other cool mom blogs I see.  This is just me writing for you, kids;)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear more about the Finn family (f)adventures!