Monday, January 09, 2012

Out With the Old and In With the New

Our little man is growing up. Quickly- might I add.

About a month ago on our regular trip to the dentist our hygenist informed us Sean had(has) two loose teeth. WHAT? I guess I wasn't prepared for that at all. My son is four- for at least 10 more days! I thought kids lost teeth at five or six. Okay, so completely in denial about my aging baby we began talking to him about loosing teeth and what exactly happens. We prepared him, his teachers at preschool, his Mimi and Poppy and sure enough the tooth became verrrrrrrrrry loose!

This past weekend (Saturday the 7th) when he crawled in the back seat of the car I thought I was staring at a bulldog. His tooth was pointing nearly 90degrees straight out of his mouth. So I called on the only dentist I really trust- my father. Okay, he's not really a dentist, but he is really good at helping teeth fall out. Afterall, he plucked my first tooth out of my mouth! Two little tries later it was out! Sean was proud as a peacock! The tooth fairy visited that evening and left $5.00 (since Poppy informed Sean that was the going rate- thanks Dad!)



Funny thing is, Marlee's first tooth poked through the surface that exact same day. Out with the old and in with the new. Sean told me that the Tooth Fairy takes all the kids' teeth and grinds them up and sprinkles them on babies so their teeth grow too. Makes perfect sense to me!

No comments: